ST. GEORGE – A bicyclist was taken to the hospital after colliding with an SUV on River Road Friday morning.
Around 10:39 a.m., an SUV was leaving the parking lot by the Verizon store on River Road. The SUV’s driver was turning right to go northbound on River Road when it collided with 19-year-old woman on a bicycle, Sgt. Sam Despain said.
The bicyclist had been on the sidewalk heading south and slowed as she approached the turnout. While pulling out of the parking lot, the driver looked left, but apparently did not look right again, resulting in a collision between the SUV and the bicyclist, Despain said.
The SUV received little damage while the bicyclist received minor injuries to one of her legs. She was transported to the hospital as a precautionary measure, Despain said.
The SUV driver was cited for failure to yield.
This report is based on preliminary information provided by the authorities and may not contain the full scope of findings.
- Cycling commuters on the rise, Bike to Work Day
- So, you want to be a triathlete? High Knees for novice, pro alike shows how
- Bicycle, car collision; Woman suffers minor head injury
- Car hits bicycle, no injuries
- UDOT upgrades signal detection for bicyclists at priority intersections
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.