SPRINGDALE – Saturday, music will fill Zion Canyon as local country star Eric Dodge joins forces with John Houston and his Gospel Choir. Dodge and the choir will perform a joint concert at 7:30 p.m. in the O.C. Tanner Amphitheater, 300 W. Lion Boulevard. The concert is part of Dixie State University’s annual Summer Concert Series.
This is the third consecutive year Dodge has invited Houston’s choir to join him in concert at the Tanner.
“They’re a great group,” Dodge said. “I love their music, and the way they perform is really cool.”
Houston, who plays piano in Dodge’s country band, will open the show with his choir, and then Dodge will take the stage. Dodge said as part of his set he will teach line dances to the audience as he has during past shows.
“At the end of the night we’re going to close out with me doing songs with the choir,” Dodge said.
In addition to the concert, attendees can purchase dinner prior to the show, and a concession stand will also be open. Also, a new free shuttle service will be available to take patrons from their cars to the amphitheater, eliminating the steep walk up the hill.
Other upcoming DSU Summer Concert Series shows at the Tanner Amphitheater will include Spanish Brass, the Phoenix Boys Choir, the Lawn Darts, David Correa & Cascada, Arvel Bird and others.
Tickets for the concert are $12 for adults and $6 for children ages 13-17, and family passes can be purchased for $35 per show for a family of two adults and up to five children. Tickets can be purchased at the venue, cash only, or in advance online or by calling 435-652-7800.
- Where: O.C. Tanner Amphitheater | 357 W. Lion Boulevard, Springdale
- When: Saturday, May 31, 7:30 p.m.
- Tickets: $12 adults | $6 youth ages 3 to 17 | $35 families, two adults and up to five children
- Contact: Tickets can be purchased at the door or in advance online or by calling 435-652-7800
- DSU Summer Concert Series returns
- Eric Dodge headlines summer Concert in the Park series
- The happiness of Eric Dodge and his Unplugged Journey
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.