SOUTHERN UTAH — Lorin Walker Madsen and his band The Hustlers are coming to Cedar City and Springdale during the “Forever West Tour” announced by the Desert Rat Agency. The bands will hit Toadz in Cedar City Friday, and the Zion Canyon Brew Pub in Springdale on Saturday.
Lorin Walker Madsen leads his band on vocals, with Ron Prince on bass and Taylor Flandro drumming.
“We will be visiting a lot of our original stomping grounds on this tour,” Madsen said from his home in Salt Lake City. “We’re excited to see old friends, make new friends and for some whiskey drinking and dancing.”
Lorin released his debut album, “The Kind of Man I Am,” on Salt Lick Records in September 2013 and toured relentlessly in support of it, playing over 200 shows around the United States. Now he’s back hitting the pavement in support of his second full-length effort, “Raise Your Glass,” which was released on May 5.
(story continues below)
Video courtesy of Lorin Walker Madsen, St. George News
“As with most of my writing, the songs on the new record are stories or moments relating back to my everyday life,” Madsen said. “The title track, ‘Raise Your Glass,’ and overall concept behind this record is to be proud of who you are and where you come from in this crazy world.”
Lorin’s outlaw music gets whiskey drinkers off their bar stools and onto the dance floor.
“It’s sure to turn the venue into a punk rock honky tonk,” Madsen said.
Follow all the crazy excitement at #raiseyourglasslwm and #foreverwesttour. The Forever West Tour will hit seven states and 21 cities in the months of July, August and September.
- What: Lorin Walker Madsen and The Hustlers
- When: Friday, July 24, 8 p.m. in Cedar City | Saturday, July 25, 8 p.m. in Springdale
- Where: Toadz, 432 N. 100 West, Cedar City | Zion Canyon Brew Pub, 95 Zion Park Blvd., Springdale
- Tickets: Free
- Lorin Walker Madsen website
- TGIF Show with Sheldon and Hollie; your weekend event guide
- Fond goodbye events before ‘Wooden O’ theatre closes doors; Utah Shakespeare Festival
- Parasitic pox: Swimmer’s itch; where it lurks, how to prevent it
Email: [email protected]